Have you been thinking of making a new purchase (couch, mattress, table and chairs, etc.) and uncertain about what to do with the items you’re replacing, or how to dispose of them responsibly? Unfortunately, some tenants mistakenly think that they can put them out by the building dumpster and the landlord will take care of the disposal. As a property manager I can tell you, this is not the right way to go about of their disposal.
- DO NOT – Store them on your balcony (this is a breach of the lease agreement and against the multi-housing crime free requirements)
- DO NOT – Place them in or beside the dumpsters on the property
- DO NOT – Place them in the building common areas
- DO NOT – Abandon them on the apartment property
- DO NOT – Abandon them on city side streets or construction sites